Meeting Date: October 20, 2004
Person Presiding: Steve Estes and Seodial Deena
Secretary: Jane Painter
Sub-committee 2 Attendance: Steve Estes, Seodial Deena, David Rosenthal, Jeff Popke, John Collins, John Cope, Jeff Phipps, Jane Painter (not taken for sub-committee 1)
Absent: Anne Dickerson
Others in Attendance: N/A
Agenda Item 1: Committee met to review the second round of reviewing grants. Each sub-committee met in separate rooms. As grants were reviewed, several items came up for future discussion in regards to clarifying criteria for grant submission. Areas included the following:
- Consider requesting APA be used for all grants
- Two page limit on references
- Use 12 font Times Roman
- Question on reference pages whether is should be double or single spaced
- No handwriting on any portion of the proposal including title page
- Should we consider how many times a person is funded through this Committee?
- Should there be a separate proposal guide for art proposals?
- Address which grants should be scored using the numerical scale on the third round (i.e. only those 3 and above; 4 and above; all of the grants, etc.)
1. Items will be discussed at Spring, 2005 meeting and revisions will be made according to the Committee’s consensus.
Agenda Item 2:
Discussion: Grants were reviewed according to numerical scale. Each sub-committee’s chair finalized feedback to be given to individual grant submitters. It was decided that each sub-committee’s grants that have not been eliminated will be read by the other sub-committee members for scoring using the numerical scale. Each sub-committee will be given the written comments on each submitted grant.
1. Sub-committee chairs will send to the sub-committee members the comments and grants that need to be reviewed by Nov. 1st.
2. Sub-committee members are to submit their scores to their sub-committee’s chair by Nov. 1st.
3. Sub-committee chairs will tabulate the scores and send and/or make copies for each committee member for the Nov. 10th meeting.
Next meeting will be a full meeting for finalization of grant scores.
Jane Painter, Ed.D., OTR/L, Secretary