Minutes from Teaching Grants Committee – Mar. 21, 2002
Present: Margaret Bauer, Sylvia Brown, Anthony Capehart, Charles Ewen, Tim Gavin, Hanna Jurban, Iona Poston, Ed Schumacher
Absent: Harrell Allen, Lessi Bass, Sherralyn Cox, Bertus Ferreira, Randy Joyner, Karen Mulcahy, Maggie O’Hara, David Pravica
- Dr. Gavin, Vice Chair of the Teaching Grants Committee, called the meeting to order at 3:40 PM.
- Three changes to the Teaching Grants application were recommneded.
- At the top of the all application forms to ensure that the submitted proposals address the mission of these grants.
The purpose of these grants is to provide funding to improve teaching instruction at the University. Preference will be given to applications proposing creative and innovative projects. Please review the Teaching Grant Committee’s evaluation criteria, which are included in this packet.
- In the proposal section of the grant to ensure that a consistent and logical organization of the grant is provided.
III. The proposal must use these headings in the following order:
- On the budget justification page at the bottom to ensure that the applicants are aware that the requested budget amounts are subject to funds available.
* Projects expenses are subject to funding availability.
- These changes have been made in a sample copy of the Dual Summer Stipend and Project Expense Grant and were submitted with the minutes.
- The meeting was adjourned at 4:28 PM.