EAST CAROLINA UNIVERSITY FACULTY SENATE
ACADEMIC, APPELLATE, AND SENATE COMMITTEE
2001-2002 Academic Year
Unit Code Screening Committee
1. Membership (include ex-officio members).
Garris Conner (Secretary), Sadie Cox, (ex officio with vote), William Grossnickle (ex officio with vote), Gene Hughes Vice Chair), Kitty Hill (ex officio with vote), Linda Ingalls (ex officio with vote), Greg Lapicki, Jen-Jar Lin, Melissa Nasea (ex officio with vote) Ralph Scott (Chair), Sherry Southard, Kyle Summers, Tinsley Yarbrough (ex officio with vote)
2. Meeting Dates (include members present*).
* and members who contributed to committee action, but were not at the meeting.
August 29, 2001 Present: Conner, Hill, Ingalls, Lapicki, Nasea, Scott, Southard,
September 19, 2001 Present: Conner, Grossnickle, Hill, Ingalls, Lin, Nasea,
November 29, 2001 Present: Grossnickle, Hill, Ingalls, Lapicki, Lin, Nasea, Scott,
April 2, 2002 Present: Conner, Grossnickle, Hill, Ingalls, Lapicki, Nasea, Scott,
3. Subcommittees established during the year (include progress and/or completion of work). None
4. Accomplishments during the year, especially as addressed through committee goals. Please include recommendations made to any University agency other than the Faculty Senate that will be noted under #5.
5. Reports to the Faculty Senate (include dates and resolution numbers).
9 October 2001 School of Medicine Code and the Department of Geography
Faculty Senate Resolution #01-29
6. Business carried over to next year (list in priority order).
7. Evaluation of the committee (include anything that hindered or assisted the committee's work during the year).
A. Charge: Satisfactory
B. Personnel: Outstanding (especially secretary)
C. Attendance: Satisfactory for some members, Unsatisfactory for other members.
D. Responsibilities: High importance for shared governance
E. Activities: Excellent
8. Suggestion(s) to the Chair of the Faculty and/or Faculty Senate for improving the effectiveness of the committee.
9. Does the Committee’s organizational meeting next year need to be earlier than the date set this
Chairperson: Ralph Lee Scott
Secretary: Garris Conner