Why Pursue Doctoral Studies at ECU?
Competitive Funding Coupled with Low Cost
- Full tuition scholarships and health insurance
- Teaching or research assistantships averaging $21,000/year
- Low Cost of Living:Greenville cost of living index is 95.4% (4% below the national average)*
Nationally Recognized Programs with High Faculty/Student Ratio
- 15 Doctoral Programs spanning the health and life sciences, education, and human services fields.
- 6 First Professional in the medical sciences and allied health professions
- Interdisciplinary Programs and Research Opportunities
- Over 1,100 full-time graduate faculty actively engaged in research and scholarly activity
- ECU Faculty Accomplishments (PDF)
- Over $215 million in external research funding in the last 5 years
- Two PhD programs in the top ten rankings for faculty scholarly productivity
- ECU is ranked by Milken Institute's Mind to Market report and the Chronicle of Higher Education among the top 10 institutions in the U.S. for inventions, patents, and new companies formed based on university research activities
*According to the Greenville-Pitt Chamber of Commerce