- Application for graduation must be made on a form provided by the Office of the Registrar at least one semester prior to completing the requirements of the degree as stated by the Graduate Catalog. Click here for the Graduate Application for Graduation. Print, complete and return to the Office of the Registrar in person, via mail or fax.
- Students are advised to consult with their departmental advisor for the processing of the graduate summary form.
- Obtain a form from the Registrar's Office or the above links.
- Submit the graduation application to the Graduation Services office in the Office of the Registrar, Whichard 108.
- Graduate graduation application may be faxed to (252) 328-4232
- Graduate graduation application may be mailed to: Office of the Registrar, East Carolina University, Whichard Building, Greenville, NC 27858
- Complete exit survey on OneStop.
- For more information regarding graduation services, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Policy on Completion of Degree Requirements and Graduation
Graduate students who have previously registered for all credits in a graduate degree program but who have not completed all requirements (e.g., thesis, professional paper, internship, etc.) must continue to register each semester (except summer terms) until all degree requirements are completed and filed with the registrar. Students must be enrolled for at least one credit hour during the semester of graduation except summer, if registered for the prior spring semester. Students may request a leave of absence for special circumstances, but are not permitted to use university resources during the period of their leave of absence. Students may petition the Graduate School for an exception to the continuous registration requirement if all degree requirements are completed prior to the first day of class in the next term.
For information on leave of absence, view Absence and Readmission found at www.ecu.edu/cs-acad/grcat/admission.cfm#LOAReadmit
For Academic Calendar Dates download the pdf or go to the Graduate School Homepage.