- 7200. Molecular and Cellular Biology of Cancer (4)
- P: ANAT 7202 or BIOC 7310 or MCBI 7410 or consent of the course director(s). Comprehensive examination of genetics, molecular and cell biology and scientific methodology in cancer research, with a particular emphasis on current scientific literature.
RONC: Radiation Oncology
- 6718. Therapeutic Radiological Physics (3) Same as PHYS 6718
- P: Consent of chair. Production, application, and measurement of electromagnetic radiation and high energy particle beams in therapeutic practice. Emphasis on conceptual, instrumental, and methodological aspects of therapeutic radiology.
- 6992. Radiation Therapy Physics (3) Same as PHYS 6992
- P: PHYS 6718 or RONC 6718. Radiation dose calculation and measurement of high energy photon and electron beams, high and low dose rate brachytherapy sources in clinical radiation therapy, cavity theory in ion chamber calibrations of photon and electron beams. Quality assurance, acceptance testing and commissioning of equipment for clinical radiation therapy (linear accelerators, HDR, TLD, simulator, CT scanner).
- 6993. Clinical and Medical Dosimetry (2) Same as PHYS 6993
- P: PHYS 6992 or RONC 6992. Practical patient dosimetry problems in radiation oncology. Irregular field calculations, two-and three dimensional treatment planning, isodose distribution, high and low dose rate brachytherapy planning for intracavitary, and interstitial radioactive sources.
- 7370. Biological Effects of Radiation (4) Formerly RONC 5370
- P: BIOL 1100, 1101, 1200, 1201; or consent of instructor. Biological effects resulting from interactions of radiation and matter for scientifically, technically, and medically oriented students.