SUTO: Sustainable Tourism
- 6000. Principles of Tourism and Sustainability (3)
- Theories of tourism and sustainable tourism; local and global applications of sustainable tourism practices.
- 6100. Environmental Systems and Sustainability (3)
- Integration of environmental science in sustainability and tourism; emphasis on environmental systems, impacts, and tourism; causes and consequences of environmental change.
- 6200. Development and Management of Sustainable Tourism (3)
- P: Admission to the graduate program or consent of instructor. Socially and environmentally responsible business practices in sustainable tourism.
- 6300. Policy and Planning for Sustainable Tourism (3)
- P: Admission to the graduate program or consent of instructor. Public policy issues and planning; strategies crucial to sustainable tourism.
- 6400. Sustainable Tourism Internship (3)
- P: SUTO 6000 or consent of program director. Application of advanced sustainable concepts within a community or industrial setting.
- 7000. Thesis (3)
- May be repeated. May count a maximum of 6 s.h.