- 5001, 5002. Coastal Marine Resources Problem Analysis (3,3)
- Equivalent of 60 hours of research per semester. P: Research project approved by instructor. Analysis of recognized problem in coastal marine resources in consultation with assigned faculty.
- 6000. Scientific Diving and Underwater Research Techniques (3) Formerly COAS 5000
- P: Basic SCUBA certification (or equivalent) and consent of instructor. Fundamentals of scientific diving, including the use of Nitrox, specialized diving equipment, emergency procedures, and sampling techniques. Successful completion of this course and scientific diver qualification may be used to meet AAUS and ECU scientific diver certification requirements.
- COAS Banked Courses
- 5025, 5026. Man and the Sea Seminar (1,1)
- 5050, 5051. Nautical Charts and Navigation (3,0)