Admission to the Honors College at East Carolina University is competitive and by invitation only. Students wishing to be considered for admission into the Honors College or any of its programs first need to meet minimum eligibility criteria to receive an invitation to apply:
- Submit a completed application for undergraduate admission to East Carolina University by the priority deadline of November 15.
- Meet the following minimum criteria within both the standardized test and high school achievement categories:
- Minimum unweighted GPA of 3.5 and/or minimum weighted GPA of 4.0
- Minimum mathematics/critical reading combined score of 1200 on the old SAT, and/or minimum composite score of 1270 on the new SAT, and/or minimum ACT composite score of 27
Students who meet the above criteria will receive an invitation by mail within the ECU acceptance packet to complete the Honors College application online through ECUAWard. The postmarked deadline for submitting the completed Honors College application and all associated materials is December 1. The Honors College acknowledges receipt of completed Honors College applications online through ECUAWard.
Honors College Admissions Timeline for the Fall 2017 Entering Class
- Admissions timeline dates coming soon.
Please click here to schedule a visit to the Honors College.
Attention Prospective Nursing Students: Applicants interested in applying to the East Carolina University College of Nursing prior to achieving junior status at ECU will score an extra point on the College of Nursing application for their affiliation to the Honors College. This extra point can prove most valuable given the competitive selection process employed by the College of Nursing.