ECULA Application Process
To apply for the ECU Language Academy, take the following steps.
- Complete the ECULA Online Application and pay the $75 application fee (non-refundable).
- Email a copy of your passport photo page and your high school diploma or most recent degree, along with an English translation, to email@example.com.
After you have been admitted to the Language Academy, you can begin the process to apply for a visa from the U.S. government. There are three steps:
- Fill out and submit the Confidential Financial Information Form together with required documents showing you have the necessary financial resources to fund your education in the U.S.
- ECULA will send to you the I-20 form.
- Once you have received your I-20 form, you can apply for a visa at your local U.S. consulate.
Students currently in the U.S.
If you are currently in the U.S. on an F-1 visa, you are also required to submit copies of all previous I-20 forms, I-94 form, visa and passport ID page. You are also required to submit a transcript from any previous U.S. institutions you have attended. You are also required to submit a transfer form.
NOTE: U.S. immigration regulations state that full-time studies using a B-1 or B-2 (tourist) visa, or an F-2 (dependent of F-1) visa are not allowed.
Conditional Language Admission
ECU offers a pathway to academic programs for those students who do not meet the university’s language proficiency requirements. You can be admitted to ECU conditionally on completion of the ECULA programs.