To ensure reentry into the United States, please contact the Office of Global Affairs prior to leaving the country.
F-1 and J-1 students and their dependents who leave the U.S. must have the following documents in order to re-enter the U.S.:
- Valid passport (must be valid for at least 6 months into the future).
- Valid US visa stamp (page) in your passport (except for Canadian Citizens).
- For F-1 or F-2 students, a valid I-20 form with current travel signature of an ECU international advisor on page 2 (must be signed within the last year for most students or within the last 6 months for Canadian students and students on Post-Completion Optional Practical Training.) Contact the Office of Global Affairs if you need to update your travel signature.
- For J-1 or J-2 students, a valid DS-2019 form with current travel signature on the lower right hand side. Contact the Office of Global Affairs if you need to update your travel signature.
- Evidence of financial funding. (Bring a copy of whatever funding is mentioned on your I-20/DS-2019: Graduate Assistant/Teaching Assistant funding letter or bank statements for personal funds)
- Proof of enrollment (certificate of enrollment or transcript).