Why Choose ECULA?
The ECU Language Academy (ECULA) offers English classes for international students and professionals.
Students who complete the Language Academy program have finished their language requirement for ECU, and can apply directly to a degree program without any additional requirement such as a TOEFL score.
ECULA is an intensive program, giving students more than 20 hours per week of academic English, to prepare them for their educational and professional careers.
Other reasons students come to ECULA include:
- Experienced, skilled instructors who all have master’s or PhD degrees, and years of teaching, both in the U.S. and overseas
- A pronunciation laboratory guided by professional speech pathologists from ECU’s Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders
- Small class sizes of ten students or less.
- Classes on the safe, beautiful main campus of East Carolina University in Greenville, North Carolina
- Accreditation from CEA, the leading accrediting organization for intensive English programs in the U.S.
- The First Friends program, partnering students with other international students for fun social activities
- Field trips to fun, interesting places such as parks, beaches, museums and art galleries
- A weekly film series
- Free use of all university facilities, including a state of the art recreation center
East Carolina University was named one of the “Best Schools in the Southeast” by the Princeton Review. ECU offers more than 80 bachelor’s degrees, more than 70 master’s degrees and nearly 20 doctoral degrees, in health and medical fields, science and technology, business and management, and the arts and humanities.
ECULA is located in the small but active city of Greenville, North Carolina. Greenville is located one and a half hours from the international airport in Raleigh, and one and half hours from Atlantic Ocean beaches.
Telephone: (252) 737-4377 (U.S. Eastern Time)