Institutional Effectiveness Council
The Institutional Effectiveness Council, chaired by Dr. Susan Beck-Frazier and Dr. George Bailey, is composed of representatives of a broad range of educational programs and support units. The committee:
- establishes guidelines and processes for comprehensive assessment of educational programs, academic and student support services programs, administrative, research and public services units;
- provides a forum for the exchange of program review and assessment information and strategies of quality enhancement among graduate and undergraduate programs as well as support units;
- encourages innovative approaches or best practices in assessment of student learning and provides guidance for student outcomes assessment throughout the institution;
- has the responsibility for reviewing assessment plans and reports including those required by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) with an emphasis on using data to inform and guide decision making toward the improvement of student learning;
- collaborates with all units on campus to ensure that integrated planning and assessment efforts sustain the work of institutional effectiveness at ECU.