We're all pirates! No name

Title IX Checklist

Tell a friend about this page.
All fields required.
Can be sent to only one email address at a time.
Share Facebook Icon Twitter Icon

What should I do if I am a victim of sexual misconduct?

Sexual misconduct includes sexual assault, rape and sexual violence.

For immediate assistance:

1. Call 911.
2. Contact the ECU Police Department at 252-328-6787.
3. Seek medical attention as soon as possible at Student Health Services at 252-328-6841 or Vidant Medical Center at 252-847-4100.

The University is here to help. The following resources are available at any point after an incident of sexual misconduct:

If you are a student, contact the Dean of Student's Office for assistance.

The Dean of Students Office is the central campus resource for addressing student complaints and inquiries.  The office will assist students with interim protective measures as needed. These measures can include assisting with changes in class schedules, housing arrangements or alternative transportation, and providing resources to promote emotional and physical well-being.

If you are an employee, contact the Office for Equity and Diversity for assistance.

The Office for Equity and Diversity investigates sexual misconduct complaints against University employees or visitors.

Contact the Victim's Advocate Office.

The Victim Advocate provides support and guidance in the following ways: to provide an opportunity to talk about what happened, serve as a liaison, assist with the preparation of restraining orders (domestic violence and no contact orders), provide information to help with deciding on a course of action, and to assist with planning for your future safety.

Seek confidential assistance.

ECU Center for Counseling and Student Development at 252-328-6661.
ECU Student Health Services at 252-328-6841.

For a list of on and off campus resource information, please click here.

Need Help?

Need Help?

If you have been or are the victim of sexual harassment, including sexual assault, sexual violence or other sexual misconduct please access the link above for immediate guidance.

Filing a Complaint

To file a complaint against an employee or visitor, regarding prohibited harassment, discrimination, and/or sexual misconduct, please complete the OED complaint form.

To file a complaint against a student, regarding prohibited harassment, discrimination, and/or sexual misconduct please file a Title IX complaint with the Deputy Title IX Coordinator within the Dean of Students Office.

Title IX Coordinator

LaKesha Alston

Associate Provost for Equity and Diversity
Old Cafeteria Building Suite G406
oed@ecu.edu  |  www.ecu.edu/oed
252-328-6804  |  252-328-0110

Deputy Title IX Coordinator

Dr. Lathan Turner

Associate Dean of Students
367 Wright Building
dos@ecu.edu  |  www.ecu.edu/dos
252-328-9297  |  252-328-1743

Give To East Carolina University