Sedona - Frequently Asked Questions
Getting started and general questions:
1. What is Sedona?
2. How do I get started in Sedona?
3. What information should be loaded into Sedona?
4. How complete does the information have to be?
5. How is Sedona different from RAMSeS?
6. What is the ECU Sedona Directory?
7. What is Mission Code in Sedona and how does it relate to Scholarship of Engagement?
8. Is the same database used for all faculty at ECU?
9. There is a list of FAQs on the Sedona site. How is this list different?
10. Is there training available for how to use Sedona?
11. Can I correct information entered inaccurately or incompletely in a previous year?
12. Can information such as double entries and incorrect titles of journals be deleted from Sedona?
13. How can I find my Sedona ID if I forget it?
Specific entry questions:
14. Is there a common requirement for books and journal articles?
15. How do I determine the correct name of a journal, find its ISSN, and determine its peer-reviewed status?
16. Where do I enter work in progress?
17. Where does a publication in a magazine go?
18. Are publications ranked?
19. What do DBS, CTP, LPS, NIC mean? And how do they relate to ranking?
20. Can an entry be listed more than one place?
21. Can I show multiple years for editorial board or committee service or grants?
22. How do I enter DE modules and/or annual DE professional development?
23. How to I enter an article if I am the sixth author?
24. How do I enter administrative assignments?
25. What is the difference between professional and institutional service?
26. Where do I put by charity/volunteer work in Sedona?
27. What is the difference between local, state, regional, national, and international?
28. What is the difference between a “participating faculty member” and a “supporting faculty member”?