Welcome to the Office of Research Integrity & Compliance
The mission of the Office of Research Integrity & Compliance (ORIC) is to:
- Provide services to ECU faculty, staff, students, and affiliate employees in areas of research compliance;
- Ensure the best possible protections for human rights and welfare in research;
- Promote research compliance through education, consultation, and oversight; and
- Facilitate research that will positively impact public services and regional transformation.
ORIC is charged with compliance matters including:
- Use of humans in research
- Conflict of interest (for both research and non-research related interests);
- Responsible conduct of research;
- Health Insurability, Portability, and Accountability Act as it applies to research; and
- Use of unmanned aircraft systems.