RAMSeS: Research Administration Management System & eSubmission. ECU has begun to implement RAMSeS, a comprehensive Electronic Research Administration (eRA) system designed to meet the growing needs of the research enterprise. RAMSeS delivers cutting-edge technology to the research community, enabling faculty research administrators to manage research more efficiently and effectively than ever before. RAMSeS is a web-based system and can be accessed from any location using your Pirate ID and Password. RAMSeS is also a robust database which includes 7 years of proposal and award data. Formatted and/or ad hoc reports will be available from your computer.
RAMSeS is the official electronic file for every proposal and award within the UNC system. Therefore, everything that typically went in the paper files should be uploaded into RAMSeS in the proper section. Having everything in RAMSeS allows anyone to access proposal or award documents from anywhere at any time as needed.
An example of why attachments are essential is sponsor information. With the implementation of the Unified Sponsor Table, I often search documents to verify the accuracy of sponsors that show up as manually entered.
The most common attachments by location are:
o The proposal attachments should have:
· the proposal as it was submitted to the agency
· agency guidelines
· any relevant IRB documents
· budget information
· subcontract information
· relevant communication
· any other document type that is required by your campus
o Each award should have:
· the award document that corresponds to it
· any email or written communication regarding the award
· award budget revisions
· Progress reports
· Amendments or modifications to the award
· Award Projects
· Each Award Project shows all the attachments uploaded to each award and proposal associated with the award project.
· Any No Cost Extension documents
· Closeout documents
· Final Reports
· PI Changes (if applicable)
· Any other relevant award project information.
It is imperative that documents be loaded into RAMSeS beginning with the proposal submission. Once a proposal is awarded and those documents are uploaded, there is a complete electronic record of attachments that can be accessed from the award project attachment tab.