Grade Sheet Guide
Attention All Instructors, Department Chairs & Deans
The online grading function for faculty teaching courses through both main campus and the Division of Continuing Studies is available via Banner Self Service. All grades for a term are due by the deadline as published via ECU official faculty. Please note that GPA is not computed until all grades have been submitted for all courses offered spring semester.
***Reminder to Faculty – the posting of a student's grade by social security number, any sequential part thereof, or any other personally identifiable characteristic, is a direct violation of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA). Questions about FERPA should be addressed to the Office of the Registrar.
The following instructions are provided to aid you in completing your grade submission online via Banner Self Service.Please click here for a tutorial, along with screen shots to assist you as you go to enter your grades.Please click here for acorresponding FAQ document.
- Go to OneStop – http://onestop.ecu.edu
- Log in, using your pirate id and password – the same you use to access your e-mail account.
- Click on the Banner Self Service link (in Banner grouping on OneStop).
- This will bring up a session of Banner Self Service. If it does not, please make sure that all pop up blockers are disabled for this site and try again.
- You will be on the Main Menu page. Click on the Faculty and Advisor link on the main menu.
- Click on the Final Grades option.
- This will take you to a page, with a drop down box, for you to select the term for which you are assigning grades and select submit.
- This will take you to a page, with a drop down box, for you to select the course that you are ready to assign grades to.
- Select the course from the drop down menu, and click submit that you are ready to grade that course.
- This will bring up your course roster and a drop down box to select the grade for each student. You can also (not required) enter the last date the student attended, if the student has stopped attending your course.
- When all students have been graded, please click the submit button.
- If you have a large roster, that will take longer than 30 minutes to submit, please click the submit button periodically, because as a security precaution, Banner Self Service times out after 30 minutes of inactivity. You can click submit multiple times on the same course roster, even if not all grades have been entered.
- After you have entered the grades, this course roster will not “disappear” from your list, until after grades are rolled to academic history (grades will be rolled to academic history daily at 8:00 a.m., 12:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m.). If you have any grade changes that need to be made, you may go back into Banner Self Service and make those changes prior to the roll to academic history. Once grades have been rolled, and are not available for entry, you must submit a change of grade/removal of incomplete form, just as you have in prior semesters.
If you have any questions about the submission of grades via Banner Self Service, please feel free to contact Brittany Clark email@example.com, in the Office of the Registrar, for assistance. For other Banner Student related questions, please feel free to contact Angela R. Anderson, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Department Chairpersons and Deans
Are responsible for insuring that all grades are keyed in viaBanner Self Serviceby the deadline.
Please feel free to contact Angela R. Anderson if you have any questions or concerns at 328-6748 or via e-mail (email@example.com).