- The number of semester hours required for a baccalaureate degree at East Carolina University is typically 128 s.h. or fewer. (Any exceptions are indicated immediately following the name of the degree in the undergraduate catalog.) Students who satisfactorily complete an average of 15-16 credit hours per semester should be able to obtain their degrees in four years or eight semesters. Some factors which may extend an individual student's time for completion of a degree are averaging fewer than 15-16 credit hours per semester, repeating courses, failing to meet course prerequisites, changing majors, taking unnecessary or inappropriate courses, withdrawing from school, dropping or failing courses, adding minors and second or double majors, and becoming academically ineligible to continue enrollment. Participation in internships, practicum, cooperative education, and study abroad programs may or may not extend the number of semesters for graduation.
- Application for graduation must be made on a form provided by the Registrar at least two semesters prior to completing the requirements of the degree. Click here for the Undergraduate Application for Graduation. Print, complete and return to the Office of the Registrar in person, via mail or fax.
- Consult with your advisor to complete a senior summary.
- Application for graduation must be made on a form provided by the Registrar at least one semester prior to completing the requirements of the degree as stated by the Graduate Catalog. Click here for the Graduate Application for Graduation. Print, complete and return to the Office of the Registrar in person, via mail or fax.
- Students are advised to consult with their departmental advisor for the processing of the graduate summary form.
Both Graduates and Undergraduates
- Obtain a form from the Registrar's Office or the above links.
- Then return the graduation form to the Registrar's Office
- Undergraduate and Graduate graduation applications should be taken to Whichard 108
- Undergraduate or Graduate may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Undergraduate or Graduate may be faxed to (252) 328-4232
- Undergraduate or Graduate may be mailed to: Office of the Registrar, East Carolina University, Whichard Building, Greenville, NC 27858
- Complete exit survey on OneStop.
- Check banner for holds. This will delay the mailing of the diploma.
- For more information regarding graduation services, please e-mail Amy Bissette at email@example.com.