Effective July1, 2013, the cost of transcripts increased to $7 per copy.
A transcript is an exact and complete copy of a student's academic record at the time it is issued. It contains all course work, undergraduate and/or graduate, taken while enrolled at ECU. THE UNIVERSITY WILL NOT ISSUE A PARTIAL TRANSCRIPT. Please note that the University will automatically send both the undergraduate and the graduate transcript (if applicable). Transcripts cannot be produced for anyone whose record has a hold tag by any department within the University.
Official transcripts include:
- Full Name
- Student Identification Number
- Date of Birth
- Grade Point Average (GPA)
- Attempted Hours
- Credit Hours
- Transfer Hours
- Quality Points
- Courses & Grades by Semester
- Currently Enrolled Courses
Transcripts covering a student's secondary and previous college education, which have been submitted to the University as a requirement for admission, become a part of the Registrar's official file. The University does not reissue or certify copies of transcripts from other institutions. Transcripts must be ordered directly from the institution where the coursework was taken. An official ECU transcript is a complete record of a student's academic work at the University. Automated transcripts are issued on official "SCRIP-SAFE" paper and carry the pre-printed signature of the University Registrar, the date of issue, and the pre-printed seal of the University. Transcripts printed on bond paper with the seal of the University in purple ink are official. They bear the raised seal of the University, the date issued, and the official signature of the Registrar.
Online Requests for Electronic Transcripts – This is the preferred method of obtaining your East Carolina Transcript. It is eco-friendly, has the quickest delivery time, and provides you with the most visibility to where your request is in the process. East Carolina University has retained Credentials Inc. to accept transcript orders over the Internet. Please click on the TranscriptsPlus icon below to enter your order.
- The PDF transcript that is produced using
this service contains the identical information as the printed transcript and
can be certified as unaltered by uploading the file to the company's website
that is provided during the delivery process.
- The site will walk you through placing your order, including delivery options and fees. You can order as many transcripts as you like in a single session and send each to different e-mail addresses. A $2.25 processing fee will be charged per recipient in addition to the $7.00 charge.
- Order updates will be emailed to you. You can also check order status or history online. Transcripts cannot be produced for anyone whose record has a hold tag by any department within the University.
- If you need help or have questions about transcripts, contact 252-328-6745 or 252-328-1729 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Use this link to check the status of your transcript request.
In Person Requests for Paper Transcript - Transcripts may be obtained in person at the Office of the Registrar in Whichard 103 for a fee of $7.00 per copy. Transcripts can be printed and given to you while you wait. Requests cannot be taken over the telephone or via e-mail. Transcripts cannot be produced for anyone whose record has a hold tag by any department within the University. We can send a faxed copy of your transcript, but it will be considered unofficial. The fee for a faxed transcript is $10.00 per copy. Transcripts are usually processed within one or two working days.
Requests In Writing for Paper Transcript - To request transcripts in writing, print out the following pdf version form and fill it out as necessary or send the following information to the Office of the Registrar:
Transcript Request Form *Updated*
- Full name under which you attended East Carolina University
- Dates of attendance
- Last 4 digits of SSN or ECU ID
- Written SIGNATURE
- Daytime FAX or telephone number
- Undergraduate transcripts do not include Rank in Class or entrance SAT scores.
- Specify "individually signed and sealed envelopes" if necessary.
- $7.00 fee for each transcript requested.
- Be sure to include a written signature (not computer generated).
Requests may be mailed to:
East Carolina University
Office of the Registrar
103 Whichard Building
Greenville, NC 27858
Federal Law prohibits the release of your transcript without written authorization. Transcripts cannot be produced for anyone whose record has a hold tag by any department within the University. If you need a transcript released to another individual, please provide the following information:
- Your Name
- Date of Birth
- Last 4 Digits of SSN or ECU ID
- Name of Person who will pick up the Transcript
- # of Copies to be Released
- Written Signature
This request may be faxed or sent with the individual picking up the transcript. Please note that identification will be required before the transcript is released.
If you have additional questions concerning how to request your ECU transcript, please call 252-328-6745 or 252-328-1729 for more information. General inquiries may be sent to: email@example.com.