Location and Directions
The STEPP Program offices are located on the second floor of Joyner Library, which is near the center of main campus.
Click here for the main campus map. Joyner Library is denoted as building #1, located in block C-5 of the map grid.
For general visitor information, including directions to Greenville and ECU's main campus, please click here.
Directions to the STEPP Program Learning Cove
- Enter Joyner Library through its main entrance in the Sonic Plaza.
- Walk straight ahead, passing the security desk on your right and circulation desk on your left.
- There will be a set of stairs and an elevator on your left as you walk down the hallway. Go up to the second floor and immediately turn right.
- Walk straight ahead (toward the large window). You should see the words "Walter & Marie Williams STEPP Program" on the wall to your right.
- You will see a door on your right, with a small sign labeled "STEPP Program Learning Cove."
- Enter through the door and go straight down that hallway, which will take you directly into the STEPP Program suite (2700 Joyner Library).
Don't worry; we know our office can be hard to find! If you get lost, please feel free to call us for directions at one of the following numbers:
- 252-328-5798 (Barbara Tritt)
- 252-328-1101 (Sarah Williams)
- 252-737-2661 (Morgan James)
- 252-737-2275 (Emily Johnson)
Visitor ParkingParking during Open House
Parking during STEPP Information Sessions and individual campus visits - if you are taking an official campus tour
- The university designates several large parking lots for visitor parking on Open House days. Parking information should be provided after you register for Open House through ECU's Pirate Port.
Parking during STEPP Information Sessions and individual campus visits - if you are not taking an official campus tour
- The Admissions Office will provide you with a visitor parking pass and parking instructions after you register for the tour through ECU's Pirate Port.
Parking during Boot Camp
- Due to the construction of ECU's new student center (slated for completion in 2018), there is currently no short-term metered parking available for visitors on the main campus. However, there are several other options for visitor parking.
- A limited number of spots are available at a few "Pay by Space" Stations on main campus.
- However, since the Pay by Space spots have limited and unpredictable availability, we recommend that all visitors purchase a one-day visitor permit from Parking and Transportation, which will allow you to park in the Stratford Arms lot (located off Charles Blvd.) and ride the ECU Transit shuttle onto main campus.
- Parents: The STEPP Program will issue visitor parking passes on the first day of Boot Camp. These passes will allow parents to park in specified visitor lots on the dates that parents are required to attend Boot Camp. Please drop by the office to pick up the parking pass as soon as you arrive on campus so you won't be ticketed or towed.
- Students: New students should begin using their ECU-issued student parking pass on the first day of Boot Camp. The STEPP Program does not provide student parking passes during Boot Camp, and the visitor parking permits issued to parents cannot be used on student vehicles.
For additional ECU visitor parking information from the university's Parking and Transportation office, please click here.
Getting directions from a GPS unit or online maps website?
- If you set your destination as the intersection of Oglesby Drive and Charles Boulevard in Greenville NC, this is the closest intersection to the Stratford Arms visitor parking lot. (The entrance to that lot is directly across the street from the large brick East Carolina University sign that leads into the athletic complex.)
- If you're just aiming for the main campus of the university, instead of that specific parking lot, you can set the destination as 1000 East Fifth Street in Greenville NC. (That destination will put you fairly close to the Admissions office.)