- Employers' and Managers' Perception of Drilled Oil Risks for Coastal North Carolina's Tourism-Impacted Businesses and Organizations. (2010). Hao, Knollenberg, Smith, Kain, Powers, Wilson and Long. North Carolina Sea Grant. $4,930.(Funded).
- Exploratory Research on the SAVE Tourism Market in Coastal and Maritime North Carolina. (2010). Kline, C. & Landry, C. Coastal-Maritime Council Interdisciplinary Seed-Grant. $10,000. (Funded).
- Graduate Research Assistant Funding. Supplemental grant received for graduate student support. $25,000. (Funded).
- Tourism impacts and second home development in coastal counties: A sustainable approach. (2009). Long, P., Hao. H., & Kleckley, J. Pre-proposal, North Carolina Sea Grant. $70,000. (Funded).
- North Carolina paddle trails: A tourism resource. (2009). Schneider, P., Vogelsong, H., & Long, P. Pre-proposal, North Carolina Sea Grant. $70,000. (Funded).
- Qualitative study of wine tourism and consumers' concerns regarding wine region environmental sustainability. (2009). Barber, N., Taylor, D. C., & Deale, C. Harrah Hospitality Research Center Grant Award Program. $51,000. (Not Funded).
- Development and integration of a sustainability curriculum in undergraduate hospitality education. (2009). Roseman, M., & Deale, C. Higher Education Challenge Grant, USDA. $146,000. (Not Funded).
- Renewable Energy in Tourism Initiative. (2009). Long, P., Morris, J. T., & Kleckley, J. Department of Commerce, Economic Development Administration, University Center Economic Development Program Competition. $600,000.