Affiliate Faculty share an interest and enthusiasm for the Center's mission, conduct tourism research activities in conjunction with the Center, serve as thesis advisors and members, and mentor students working on sustainable tourism related research.
Public Health and Environmental Sustainability
Stephanie B. Jilcott
Assistant Professor, Department of Public Health
East Carolina University
Greenville, NC 27858
Community Outreach and Research Interests
I am interested in partnering with communities to foster healthy and wholesome food systems and physical activity environments conducive to promoting public health, economic development, and environmental sustainability in rural and underserved areas.
- Jilcott SB, Keyserling TC, Samuel-Hodge CD, Rosamond W, Garcia B, Will JC, Farris RP, Ammerman AS. "Linking Clinical Care to Community Resources for Cardiovascular Disease Prevention: The North Carolina Enhanced WISEWOMAN Project." J of Women's Health. Jun 2006, Vol. 15, No. 5: 569-583.
- Jilcott SB, Evenson KR, Laraia BA, Ammerman AS. "Association between Physical Activity and Perceived and Objectively Measured Proximity to Physical Activity Resources among Low-income, Midlife Women." Preventing Chronic Disease. [serial online] 2007 Jan. Available from: http://www.cdc.gov/pcd/issues/2007/jan06_0049.htm.
- Jilcott SB, Laraia BA, Evenson, KR, Lowenstein LM, Ammerman AS. "A Guide for Developing Intervention Tools Addressing Environmental Factors to Improve Diet and Physical Activity." Health Promotion Practice. 2007 Apr:8(2):192-204.
- Jilcott SB, Ammerman A, Sommers J, Glasgow, R. "Applying the RE-AIM Framework to Assess the Public Health Impact of Policy Change." Annals of Behavioral Medicine 2007;34(2):105-114.
- Jilcott SB, Laraia BA, Evenson KR, & Ammerman AS. "Perceptions of the Community Food Environment and Related Influences on Food Choice Among Midlife Women Residing in Rural and Urban Areas: A Qualitative Analysis." Women & Health. March-May 2009:42 (2-3):164-180.
- Jilcott SB, McGuirt J, Imai S, Evenson KR (2010) "Measuring the retail food environment in rural and urban North Carolina counties." Journal of Public Health Management and Practice, In Press.
- Jilcott SB, Liu H, Moore JB, Bethel J, Wilson J, Ammerman A (2010) "Commute times, food retail gaps, and weight status in rural and urban North Carolina Counties," Preventing Chronic Disease, 2010 Sep;7(5):A107.
- Jilcott SB, Hurwitz J, Moore JB, Blake C (2010). "Qualitative perspectives on the use of traditional and non-traditional food venues among middle and low-income women in eastern North Carolina." Ecology of Food and Nutrition, 49: 373-389.
- Jilcott SB, Moore JB, Shores KA, Imai S, McGranahan DA (2010). "Associations between natural amenities, physical activity, and body mass index in rural and urban North Carolina counties." American Journal of Health Promotion, In Press.
- Jilcott SB, Keyserling TC, Crawford T, McGuirt JT, Ammerman AS (2010). "Obesity is negatively associated with per capita farmers' markets and supermarkets in metro and non-metro United States Counties." Accepted, Journal of the American Dietetic Association.
- Jilcott SB, Moore JB, Wall-Bassett E, Liu H, Saelens BE. (2010) "Association between travel times and distances, perceived stress, food procurement practices, and body mass index among female Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) participants in eastern North Carolina." Accepted, Journal of Nutrition Education and Behavior.
- Jilcott SB, Moore JB, Wall-Bassett E, Sharkey, J. (2010). Use of traditional and non-traditional food venues among female participants in the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP). Accepted, Journal of Hunger and Environmental Nutrition. McGuirt JT.
- Jilcott SB, Liu H, Ammerman AS. (2010). Produce
price comparison between farmers' markets and supermarkets. Accepted,
Journal of Hunger and Environmental Nutrition.
- MPH 6013: Behavioral Health and Health Education
- MPH 6027: Applied Mixed-Methods Research