FAQs: (will add more soon)
- How do I qualify for services with ECU’s Entrepreneurial Initiative?
- In order to qualify for services provided by ECU’s Entrepreneurial Initiative, your business must be referred to us by ECU's Office of Technology Transfer, an Economic Developer, and/or Small Business Center (SBC) or the Small Business and Technology Development Center (SBTDC) here at ECU.
- What are the characteristics of companies that receive services from ECU's Entrepreneurial Initiative?
- ECU's Entrepreneurial Initiative mainly provides support for start-up companies that are introducing new technologies or processes. The EI will also advise companies for possible venture funding.
- What are the steps that ECU's Entrepreneurial Initiative take when providing support to small businesses?
- A market feasibility study is first conducted to analyze consumer needs and potential demand. Next, we help to find funding while focusing on the development of the idea and the creation of the prototype. Referrals to other counseling organizations and funding sources are also suggested.