East Carolina University is dedicated to providing technology access for students, faculty and staff with disabilities. Often, this includes the use of software and/or hardware designed to enhance the accessibility of computers and printed materials.
Some of the technologies available (but not limited to) are:
- Text-to-Speech software that can read text aloud
- Speech recognition software
- Word prediction software
- Screen reader software
- Screen enlargement software
- CCTV and portable text magnification systems
- Large and flat screen monitors
- Adaptive mice and keyboards (upon request)
For more information, please contact Michael Thompson in the Department for Disability Services at (252) 737-1016 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.