Campus Operations
Facilities Services


Frequently Asked Questions for HSC Facilities Services

1. How do I Put in a Work Order?

Go to

Click on "Submit a Work Order" button on the bottom left side of the page.

Enter your username and password (will be the same as your Onestop Username and Password)

Click Area (Health Science Campus)

Select your building by using the Picture above and clicking on your building or by clicking on the list 1-34.

If you do not find your building scroll all the way to the bottom of the list and click on Unable to find your building.

On the page titled: Alphabetical List of Buildings/Sites you will find your building listed. If you are still having trouble press the Control button and F and type in the name or part of the name of the building or department you are looking for.

If you are still having trouble finding your building please call 744-2251 and we will help you locate the building on the list.

2. How do I find my building to put a Work Order in?

Follow the steps listed in #1.

3.  In What time frame can I expect my work order to be completed?

Work orders are completed in the order in which they arrive to our office.  We make every effort complete work orders quickly and efficiently.  We thank you for your patience as completion may take 2-3 weeks to complete a work order, due to the number of work orders received.

4. What is the status of my work order?

    You can look up the status of your work order by going to Facilities Services , click on Submit a Work order and enter your username and password. Under Work Order System you will see a link that says Check Work Order Status. Fill in the requested information and the page will populate with the work order and status.

5.  How do I replace a lost key?

    Pay $5.00 to the Brody Cashier's Office, staple the receipt of payment to a new Key Request Form (see the Facilities Services HSC Page). Fill out the Key Request Form and hand deliver or sent the form in the mail to Facilities Services Mail stop 650. 

6. What should I do if my Work Order is an Emergency?

Call our office at 744-2251 to report your emergency and then put a work order in.

7. Who do I call with an Emergency after 5:00?

West Campus (Brody) Police (252) 744-5080

8. What department should I submit the work order to?

Here are what the shops cover (HSC):

Building Trades- HSC:Power washing signs, doors

Carpenter Shop- HSC: Hanging Bulletins, Blinds, Pictures

Construction- HSC: Construction Projects

Controls- HSC: Temperature controls, Building automation

Electrical- HSC: Outlets, power, breaker, lighting, Fire Alarms, burning smells (Call 744-2251 to notify us of burning smells)

Grounds- HSC: landscaping, tree limbs, ice on side walks

Housekeeping- HSC: garbage's, vacuuming, sweeping, cleaning bathrooms, cleaning floors,

HVAC- HSC: Heating, Air Conditioning, Venting, mold or musky smells (Call 744-2251 to notify us of strange smells or fumes immediately.)

Locksmith- HSC: Makes keys, re-key doors, key requests and door issues are submitted to the Locksmith.

Paint Shop- HSC: Paints walls, applicable walls and floors.

Pest Control: Located on Main Campus, Pest Control takes care of the Pests on both Main Campus and West Campus. Call 328-6169 with emergencies.

Plumbing Shop- HSC: Toilets, drains, leaks, plumbing, fire sprinklers, fumes that smell like gas, steam leaks.  Call 744-2251 to notify us of strange gas smells immediately.

Recycling Services:  Collects paper, commingled drink containers, wood, metals, and corrugated cardboard. 

Refuse Collection:

9.  If I have a special event that is scheduled outside of the posted operating hours for my building how do I request a temporary change?

If you need to request a temporary change in the scheduling of the HVAC and lighting you should submit a work order to the Controls- HSC Shop no less than two (2) business days prior to the event.  In the "Work Requested:" space note the date and time of the event (including any setup or tear down time that may be needed. Only 1 work order per event is required (please list all affected areas).  Also, provide a contact name and phone number we can use if there are any questions prior to or during the event.  A special event, for example, would be a seminar in an auditorium or extended clinical hours for flu season, not individuals coming in to work after hours.