Faculty who are permanently tenured or on tenure track with any length of service or who are fixed term with five years of employment at ECU may apply. EOSA participants include new and junior faculty and experienced faculty who want to develop expertise in engaged scholarship.
The goal of the selection process is to select an interprofessional cohort, representative of the colleges and schools at ECU. The selection committee reviews nominations based upon the faculty member's documentation of:
Applications will be reviewed by the EOSA Selection Committee, composed of EOSA alumni and engaged scholars. Applications are due on November 11, 2016. Successful applicants will be notified by November 18, 2016. Please click here to download the 2017 application.
- An active research agenda and responsibility for conducting research
- A clear desire to incorporate engaged scholarship into this research agenda
- The capacity to disseminate the results of their research to a broad audience
- A commitment to actively participate during the fall workshops, to implementation of the research proposal in spring and summer, and to continued support of engaged scholarship at ECU
- A desire to mentor students in the engaged research process