Strategic Planning Goals
Goal 3: Increase the productivity of faculty, staff, and students in research and creative activity.
Goal 3G. Strengthen the infrastructure that supports the application for and implementation of Grants and Contracts
1) Co-location of Office of Sponsored Programs and Grants
2) User friendly RPT for PI to manage Grants
3) Document Pre and Post award process for continuous improvement
-Form and work with user groups
4) Prepare for next indirect cost negotiation
5) Prepare for federal audit
Goal 5: Be a leader in the development and application of information technology in higher
Goal 5C. Re-design its administrative processes to be electronic-based rather than paper-
based. (Joint effort with ITCS)
1) WEB utilization
3) Electronic Reports – Data Warehouse
4) Upgrade SCT
Goal 5D. Provide faculty, students, and staff with appropriate access to state-of-the-art services and technological infrastructure. (Submitted to ITCS)
1) PC Lease for 2 years (for CIS)
2) Technical infrastructure that will support administrative systems
-WEB, application system, data warehouse (for CIS)
3) Standard industry software applications – university wide (For CIS)
Goal 6: Improve the quality and efficiency of its services and operations.
Goal 6A. Adopt a philosophy of continuous improvement with a focus on customer service.
1) Develop AVCSFS Mission Statement
2) Cross training
3) Internship Program
4) Form customer focus groups
5) Enhance staff and customer training programs
Goal 6B.Access and re-engineer its administrative and service processes to improve efficiency and quality.
1) ECU Foundation
2) HR/Payroll – Timesheets – Time/Effort
4) Pre/Post Award
5) Compliance of Financial Reporting – Process/Schedule GASB 33,34,35
6) Form quality improvement team – partnerships
-Consolidate scholarship distribution activity
-Centralized Student Employment Office
7) Quit writing checks to ourselves
8) Centralization of Cash Management
9) Travel process
10) Consolidation of Banking activity
11) Electronic Notification of Deposit
Goal 6C.Establish benchmarks and targets for improvements of its various activities.
1) Tie to process document in Goal 6B
2) Customer service index
Goal 6D.Develop and implement a multi-year financial planning process.
1) Budget Process – Institutional Planning
2) Include Auxiliary Units in this process
Goal 6E.Establish clear priorities for the focused investment of existing and new resources.
1) Establish projects and programs consistent with strategic plan and resource availability
2) Look at accounts for university and foundation investments to maximize return
3) Manage ACC list.
Goal 6F. Explore and implement alternative work styles, evaluation criteria, and rewards for its
1) Explore possible rewards for suggested improvements
3) Dress-down day
Goal 6G. Expand its hours of service and accessibility to meet the needs of its changing student
1) Continue to look at start-up committee feedback for hours to meet the needs of student body.
2) Billing/Registration/Payments on Web
3) Drop Boxes
4) Direct Deposit of excess Financial Aid
5) Add Deferment and cancellation forms to web site
6) Email or Web based system for conducting Exit Interviews
Goal 6H.Strengthen its infrastructure for securing and administering external financial support.
1) Streamline, communicate and train staff on business policies
2) Enable and Train University staff to manage financial resources
Goal 6I.Enhance its outreach efforts to its alumni.
1) Reports to donors
2) Use financial report as a marketing tool
Related Division Priority
Prepare for Next Indirect Cost Negotiation
ITCS/ To be determined
Financial Services/ ITCS
Customer Satisfaction Index
Upgrade SCT Systems
ITCS/ to be determined
Financial Svcs/ ITCS
Project Plan/ Actual
Enhance Staff and Customer Training Programs
Fin Svcs/ HR
Customer Satisfaction Index
Form Quality Improvement Teams/ Partnerships
Initially – Financial Services
Process Efficiencies and Effectiveness
5 Year Budget Process
Administration & Finance/ Institutional Planning & Research
Producing an effective Budget Model
Direct Deposit of Excess Financial Aid
Rewarding Employees for suggested improvements