By Jeannine Manning Hutson
Ten faculty members at East Carolina University have been selected as Scholar Teachers.
During Research and Creative Achievement Week, they will be recognized April 3 with a luncheon and are invited to make presentations about their work to incorporate scholarship into their teaching and to mentor their students.
The Scholar-Teacher Awards recognize faculty members who demonstrate excellence in the classroom; have an outstanding record of scholarly accomplishments; effectively integrate research and creative activity in classroom teaching; and mentor developing scholars, both students and faculty.
This year’s award winners are as follows:
• Xiaoming Zeng, Department of Health Services and Information Management, College of Allied Health Sciences
• John Stiller, Department of Biology, Thomas Harriot College of Arts and Sciences
• John Reisch, Department of Accounting, College of Business
• Sid Rachlin, Department of Mathematics and Science Education, College of Education
• Laura Prividera, School of Communication, College of Fine Arts and Communication
• Nelson Cooper, Department of Recreation and Leisure Studies, College of Health and Human Performance
• Mel Weber, Department of Hospitality Management, College of Human Ecology
• Bruce Leonard, Department of Graduate Nursing Science, College of Nursing
• Danny Morton, Department of Construction Management, College of Technology and Computer Science
• Kathryn Verbanac, Department of Surgery, Brody School of Medicine.