The final issue of Pieces of Eight was published March 24, 2011.
Pieces of Eight
Editor: Joy Holster
News and Communication Services
1001 E. Fifth St.
Greenville, NC 27858
Publication Schedule and Deadlines
Pieces of Eight is published monthly during the regular academic year. Unexpected changes due to breaking news, academic breaks or holidays may be reflected in the schedule. Every attempt will be made to include items submitted by deadline. Occasionally items will be held over for the next issue. The next issue deadline is March 24.
You may submit news through e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or using the online submission form at http://blog.ecu.edu/sites/holsterj/send-news/. You may also call 252-328-1162 or 252-328-6481, or deliver news to 1001 East Fifth Street, Howard House.
The following guidelines have been adopted to assist readers in determining what news items are suitable for submission to Pieces of Eight.
- News about professional activities and achievements including awards, research, grants, publications, presentations and other related activities.
- News about scheduled events including but not limited to lectures, concerts, exhibits, recitals, plays, symposia.
- News about awards presented by the university, such as awards for service, teaching, scholarship and advising.
- Suggestions for news and feature articles about faculty and staff members.
- News of births, marriages, adoptions or deaths of ECU faculty and staff members.
- Advertising - we do not accept paid or unpaid advertising.
- News items unrelated to the university.
While the Office of News and Communication Services retains responsibility for its content and appearance, it is our goal to provide fair and timely coverage for all entities. If you have submitted items that did not appear over a period of at least two months, please let us know.