Office Preparation for Hurricanes
- Do plan ahead, plan what you will need to do at work and at home to prepare for the storm.
- Do learn about hurricanes and what to do to survive one.
- Do stay calm, listen to weather and emergency radios.
- Do move and secure valuable items in your office away from windows.
- Do lock windows and draw drapes/lower blinds.
- Do back up computer hard drives and software then shut down computers.
- Do store software and data disks in a dry place at shoulder level like the top drawer of a filing cabinet.
- Do unplug electrical equipment such as computers, printers, clocks, radios, etc...
- Do cover large valuables with plastic, paper etc.. for protection.
- If your office is below ground, do store all valuables well above floor.
- If caught in a building, do stay inside, away from windows and near the center of the building.
- Do leave for your home or designated safety area well before the hurricane hits Greenville.
- Don't panic!
- Don't call 911 or other emergency numbers for general or non-emergency information.
- Don't go outside during the storm.
- Don't work with electrical equipment during the storm.
- Don't make a party out of a hurricane.