1. Bomb threats usually occur by telephone. Try to keep the caller on the telephone as long as possible.
2. The person receiving a bomb threat call should remain cam and attempt to obtain as much information as possible from the caller by using the checklist that follows.
3. Immediately report all bomb threats to the ECU Police Department at 911 if on East Campus and 744-2246 if on Health Sciences Campus. Make sure to give your name, location, and telephone number. Inform the officer of the situation, including any information you may have as to the location of the bomb, time set to detonate and the time of the telephone call.
4. Inform your supervisor and/or department head.
5. Supervisors and/or campus authorities will be responsible for building evacuation.
6. If you should spot a suspicious object, package, etc., report it to the ECU Police Department. Under NO circumstances should you touch, tamper or move it in any way.
7. If instructed to evacuate, exit the building immediately and report to the designated evacuation site for the building. If inclement weather conditions exist, you may move to another building safe distance away. Do not reenter the building until you are instructed that it is safe by ECU Police.
Note: In case of any harassing or threatening phone calls, use the checklist that follows to describe the call to police. All threats should be reported to ECU Police at 911 if on East Campus and 744-2246 if on Health Sciences Campus.