Priority 3: Create a knowledgeable, skilled, and adaptable workforce
Our goals for Priority 3:
- Work with regional companies to continually expand ECU's offering of needed workforce development programs.
- Collaborate with the Provost and other relevant units to streamline the curriculum and degree creation processes to better meet the education needs of existing and emerging industry clusters.
- Engage ECU in greater partnerships and novel experiments to develop a seamless educational continuum from pre-K to higher education (Birth-20).
- Explore new mechanisms supporting high school graduation and the creation of lifelong learners.
- OED's Entrepreneurial Initiative, SBTDC, Office of Technology Transfer, along with ECU's colleges and other partners will seek new models for entrepreneurial education and skills development.