Click on the Icon above to be Routed to Information About Parking Adjustments due to the Construction of the New Student Center and Parking Deck
Post Date: August 26, 2015:
Notification of Additional C2 Parking & New Bus Stop
In response to the current demand for parking, our office has made some parking adjustments to the Stratford Arms area off Charles Blvd near the Carol Belk building and Curry Ct. Effective immediately, C2 permit holders will be allowed to park in the Stratford Arms lot. We’ve also collaborated with Transit, who has added an additional stop to the 301 route. The bus will not go into the lot but will instead stop on the street in between the two entrances into Stratford Arms. It will then continue on to Curry Court. For more information on the 301 route, please visit Transit’s website at www.ecu.edu/transit or call them at 328-4724. For more information on the additional C2 parking spaces in Stratford Arms, please feel free to visit the parking website at www.ecu.edu/parking or call our office at 328-6294.
Post Date: August 25, 2015:
Notification of Parking Adjustments Around the Carol Belk Building and Curry Court
In response to the current demand for parking, our office will be making some parking adjustments to the areas surrounding the Carol Belk Building and Curry Court. We are expanding some of the zone restrictions in that area to allow both C & D permit holders to park in other areas. Please reference the two maps below for the changes. We’d also like to take this time to remind only the C zone permit holders that there is additional parking across Charles Blvd by the NCAA Track (seen in the map on the upper right hand side in orange only & above the rounded, gray NCAA track). The map on the left shows the restrictions that are on the current map. The map on the right shows the changes that will be honored. In other words, the new restrictions in both orange and red in the map on the right is where both the C & D permits will now be able to park. These changes are effective immediately. Please feel free to call our office at 328-6294 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you should have any questions/concerns.
Post Date: August 12, 2015:
A T T E N T I O N - Move In Info!
Move in is upon us, and there's a few things Parking & Transportation would like everyone to be reminded of for the move in time-frame of Wednesday, August 19, 2015 to the following Friday, August 28, 2015:
- This will be a very busy time for us. If you call our office, please leave a message and we will return your call as soon as we can get to it. Sometimes this means you will not receive a call back until the following day or possibly longer. The same will go for emails. Please remember that our website has an abundance of information readily available and could possibly answer most of your questions, so please take a look around this site.
- Since this is a very busy time for us, we HIGHLY recommend to any one that has not purchased their permit yet to purchase it online before you come to our office to avoid the long lines. Just like in past years, we will have a drive-thru area by the tent in our parking lot where you can pick your permit up and keep going. We will NOT be mailing any permits out.
- For students moving into dorms - When you come to campus to move in, there should be someone outside your dorm handing out free 1 hour loading passes. Because there will be people stationed at the dorms handing out the permits, you do not need to come to our office for a permit to park during move in. We ask that everyone remember that there will be thousands of people trying to move in as well, so once you've unloaded your car, please move your vehicle to the Minges Coliseum parking lot. You can then take the bus system or walk back to your dorms to finish unpacking your belongings and to settle into your room.
- Our hours will change for this time-frame. Our cashiers will stay open later and we will open our office on Saturday and Sunday for a short time, August 22, 2015 and August 23, 2015. Our extended hours for this time are listed below:
Wednesday, August 19, 2015: 7:30am - 5:00pm
Thursday, August 20, 2015: 7:30am - 5:00pm
Friday, August 21, 2015: 7:30am - 5:00pm
Saturday, August 22, 2015: 12:00pm - 4:00pm
Sunday, August 23, 2015: 12:00pm - 4:00pm
Monday, August 24, 2015: 7:30am - 5:00pm
Tuesday, August 25, 2015: 7:30am - 5:00pm
Wednesday, August 26, 2015: 7:30am - 5:00pm
Thursday, August 27, 2015: 7:30am - 5:00pm
Friday, August 28, 2015: 7:30am - 5:00pm
Thank you for your cooperation and understanding during this busy time. Please be safe and WELCOME TO ECU!! GO PIRATES!!!
Post Date: August 12, 2015
Notification of Health Science Campus Parking Lot Modifications
Due to the fourth floor refit of Ross Hall and the construction of the Health Sciences Campus Student Center, we have been making several changes to the layout of the Health Sciences parking areas. We have met with key figures of the campus leadership to help formulate a plan that will have the least impact on students while still granting reasonable access to classroom areas. I will offer insight into these changes below, beginning with an explanation of why they must take place.
Reason for parking modifications:
- The construction of the Student Union and the Fourth Floor Renovation of Ross hall are occurring concurrently and both demand easily accessible, secured and level areas for their material lay down areas.
- The parking area between Ross Hall and Family Medicine/ECHI is the best fit for the projects’ needs. Use of the lot by the projects and faculty/staff parking allows us to preserve the largest amount of safe parking for our customers
- Thus the displaced B4 permit vehicles require a new location for parking which will be created by zone changes.
Health Science Campus Parking Lot Modifications (as they apply to B4 Permit holders):
- Second parking lot on the right after entering from Moye Blvd (SM-05):
- A portion of the B3 spaces have been converted to B4 (Students)
- Parking lot between Ross Dental School and the Family Medicine/ECHI Buildings (SM-22):
- The exterior portions of the parking lot will be fenced off as construction zones.
- The central portion of the parking lot is rezoned as B5 (Faculty/Staff) only.
- Parking lot across from Ross Dental School off of Macgregor Downs (SM-30):
- A portion of B5 spaces have been converted to B4/B5 (Students/Faculty/Staff).
- Parking lot in front of ECHI (SM-25):
- A portion of the A7 spaces have been converted to B4 (Students)
Based on the above changes it would be prudent to allow extra time to locate a parking space during your commute. First choice parking may not be available due to demand.
Please keep in mind that we have been gathering parking occupancy data for close to a year. We have compared peak hour times, weekends, holidays and class schedules. Based on our data there will be parking available at peak parking times, though, available parking may be difficult to locate. It is worth considering that these are temporary and are part of a process to improve the campus operations and quality of life. We truly appreciate you taking the time to stay informed and we will be working further to minimize the impact on campus operations.
For a bigger view of the map, please click on the map or click here.