We recognize the importance of visitors and the need to provide guest parking accommodation. The Departmental Guest Permit (DGP) was developed to meet this need. DGPs are available to university departments at a cost of $1.00 per permit. DGPs authorize parking in the B1, B3, B5, C zones, and metered spaces (without feeding the meter). DGPs can be upgraded to allow parking in the A zone. Our office retains the authority to approve or deny the DGP upgrade.
DGPs can be purchased by cash, check, invoice billing, or interdepartmental budget transfer (IDT). An Banner Interdepartmental Transfer Request form must be completed with two original signature(s), a valid FOAP code, and an explanation for the need of the permits. Faxed, copied, or e-mailed DGP orders will not be processed. Please state in the explanation box if you prefer to pick up the permits or have them sent via campus mail. IDTs must include: contact name, phone number, building, room number or mailstop, and the department. If the department wishes to pick up the DGPs, then our office will call the contact person listed as soon as they are ready.
Keys to Successful DGP Use:
- Departments should assume responsibility for providing appropriate guest parking information and parking permits
- Departments with 20 or more guests at one time should contact the Parking and Transportation Services Special Events Coordinator, Johnnie Eastwood at firstname.lastname@example.org, two weeks in advance to make special event parking arrangements. This will ensure adequate parking is arranged and avoid event related parking issues.
- DGPs are valid for one fiscal year: July 1 through June 30. If any of the permits are not used within the fiscal year in which it was purchased, then they are void and the fee is non-refundable.
- Please judge the amount needed accordingly when ordering. Our office will only exchange up to 25 at the end of the fiscal year.
- A vehicle displaying a DGP that is parked in the wrong zone is subject to citation and towing.
- Guests will be held responsible for their parking citations.
- DGPs are valid for one day only.
- Departments should complete the required information (department name and date used) in ink.
- Incomplete DGPs are not valid. Vehicles displaying incomplete DGPs are subject to citation and towing.
- Altered permits are not valid. Vehicles displaying altered DGPs are subject to citation and towing.
- Faculty, staff, and students may not use a DGP. Individuals found in violation are subject to an illegal use of permit citation ($50.00 fine), towing, and the suspension of ECU parking privileges.
- University departments must comply with these guidelines to ensure guests park appropriately.