The East Carolina University Parking and Transportation committee is an advisory committee, comprised of a selection of faculty, staff and students on campus. This committee meets on the 3rd Wednesday of every month, throughout the fall and spring semesters. During the summer months, committee meetings are scheduled on an as-needed basis.
The ECU Parking and Transportation advisory Committee is an integral component of the University planning process. The advisory Committee's broad-based representation of campus constituents serves as a recommending body for University administrators who make short and long range parking and transportation decisions.
The advisory committee is charged with the following responsibilities:
- Providing effective input to the planning process to ensure maximum allotment of parking spaces, their locations and designations.
- Creating and disseminating administrative policies, procedures and regulations.
- Assisting the Department of Parking and Transportation Services with public relations programs and promoting community interaction through informational exchanges.
- Representing the greatest cross-section of the University community possible.
- The Faculty Senate appoints 3 members through their Committee on Committees process.
- The Chair of the Faculty appoints 1 representative.
- Student organizations appoint 4 student representatives through their leadership or advisor.
- The Staff Senate appoints 1 representative.
- The Vice Chancellor for Health Sciences appoints 2 representatives.
- The Associate Vice Chancellor for Environmental Health and Campus Safety requests participation from other staff members based on their expertise in areas relating to parking and transportation matters. This includes: planning, architecture, ADA, safety and security, transit, parking and grounds operations.
Anyone wishing to have items of concern added to the agenda of an upcoming Committee Meeting should contact the Committee Chair.