Click on the Icon above to be Routed to Information About Parking Adjustments due to the Construction of the New Student Center and Parking Deck
ALL parking on campus is by permit only or by keeping the limited spaces activated at one of our Pay by Space Stations. A2, B2, and D permit holders must stay in their respective zones at ALL times. C2 and B4 permit holders may park in B1 spaces after 5:30pm (except in the CH 1 and CH 2 lots) and must have a valid parking permit displayed on a registered vehicle at all times. All vehicles displaying a valid permit must be properly registered in your Parking & Transportation account accessible through Pirate Port before it is parked on campus. Please remember that it is very important that all contact information is up to date in your Parking & Transportation account on Pirate Port.
Reminder: Certain Spaces on campus are never (including nights, weekends, and holidays) to be occupied unless you specifically have the proper permit listed for that space. These spaces are subject to towing at all times and include:
- Reserved Spaces - must have permit that says RESERVED
- Chancellors Spaces - must have permit that says CHANCELLOR
- Handicapped Spaces - must have permit that says MEDICAL, HD+, a valid Placard, and a valid ECU permit
- Fire Zones - NO ONE IS TO EVER PARK IN THESE AREAS FOR ANY REASON
- No Parking Zones (Any area as indicated by signs that specifically state "No Parking". Additionally, any area that is not specifically between two white lines in a valid zone is a No Parking Area - i.e. curbs, etc.) - NO ONE IS TO EVER PARK IN THESE AREAS FOR ANY REASON
How to purchase your annual permit and register your vehicle(s):
Visit ECU Pirate Port: https://pirateport.ecu.edu/portal/. You will need your Pirate ID and passphrase to enter Pirate Port. This is the same as logging in to your e-mail.
On the 'Tools' tab:
- Choose: 'Parking & Transportation' under Applications
Once in your parking account, you will need the following information to complete the online purchase:
- License plate number
- Vehicle year, make, model and color
- Enter or verify your address and your e-mail address.
Update your information by clicking on the appropriate link
If everything is up to date, then click on the "Get Permits" link and follow it through.
Remember to select whether or not you want the permit mailed to your preferred address or if you wish to pick it up in our office. **During the month of August, please note that permits will not be mailed out! During the week of move-in, the Parking office will extend our hours of operation. Resident students be advised, we will not mail permits to your dorm.
If you purchase by credit card, you would complete the payment information online. If you wish to pay by cash or check - visit the Parking & Transportation Office during normal business hours after you enter your information online. We strongly encourage all students to purchase their permits through their parking accounts accessed via Pirate Port due to the limited parking at the Parking and Transportation offices.
Students are reminded that they are not considered visitors and are not permitted to park in visitor lots on campus unless spaces at our Pay by Space stations are kept activated.
Parking permits are issued according to the students living arrangements. Please visit the Price Comparison link to your right for a list of permit prices. **Annual permits are valid from August 1 - July 31, every year.
Returning residents who are unable to purchase an A2 or B2 permit which is based on availability will need to purchase the D zone permit for the Resident Student Remote lot located off Curry Court. They can add themselves to either waitlist through their parking account in Pirate Port. We will notify those individuals via email when and if we are able to offer the upgrade.
Due to the current construction for the new parking garage and student union, we have very limited parking available. Therefore, parking spaces on campus are not guaranteed. All 1st year ECU students and Transfer students who reside on campus will need to add their name to the D permit waitlist. A random lottery drawing will take place on July 29th at which time the winners of the lottery will be notified via email to go online and purchase their D permits. Please make sure to watch you email. We will lottery off all available D permits at this time, so if your name is not on the waitlist, you will not be able to purchase a permit.
Temporary allowances are arranged through our office for the purpose of unloading/loading items from the dorms for all students living on campus. Those arrangements must be made by calling our office before attempting to load/unload the items. During move-in/out, residence halls should have individuals passing out 30 minute loading zone permits. If you are unable to locate one of these individuals, those permits may also be obtained in our office.
Students who graduate in December may return their parking permit to our office for a prorated refund of the purchase fee. A prorated refund schedule is in place for permits returned prior to January 15th. A permit turned in because of disciplinary action resulting from violation of University parking and traffic regulations is not eligible for any refund.
Breaks and/or Reading Days: If the University is not completely closed down for a state holiday, then parking will still be enforced! The University remains open even when classes are not in session. Our office realizes the ECU Transit may operate on modified schedules during these times. Therefore, C2 permit holders will be allowed to park in the B1 faculty/staff zones when ECU Transit does not operate. D Zone permits will be allowed to park in the B2 Zone on Reade Street or Minges/14th Street C Zone parking lots. All other permit holders must still park in their respective zones, and A1 zones will still be strictly enforced. Please visit the ECU Transit link under the menu on the right for updated route information during breaks.
Graduate Teaching Assistants (GTA): Graduate assistants who will be actually teaching a class are eligible for B1 parking permits after providing valid documentation as proof of GTA status. Valid documentation includes: a print-off of their class roster (accessed through their Blackboard account) or an official letter with the Department Chair's original signature verifying GTA status along with the students Banner ID
Distance Education Students: Defined as those students whose classes are all online and rarely need to come to campus. Please visit the Distance Education link on the menu to the right for more information
- Only purchase permits from ECU Parking and Transportation. You cannot sell your permit to another student. It will be considered illegal use.
- Please be aware that most false information regarding parking will come from your peers and will result in you having to face the consequences. Students are reminded to always call our office for proper clarification regarding parking on campus.
- Never Assume. If you do not understand the signs posted or the explanations provided on the visual aid under the 'Citations Tab' on this website, please call for clarification. "I did not know" is not a valid excuse due to the abundance of information readily available from a variety of different sources at your disposal.
- Students are reminded that they are also to conduct themselves according to the University Code of Conduct. Students who fail to do so will be reported to Student Rights and Responsibilities.