INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY PURCHASES
Kevin Crutchfield ● IT Purchasing Specialist ● ECU Materials Management ● 252.328.1013
ALL COMPUTER PURCHASES ARE PLACED THROUGH PORT. NO VOUCHERS, PERSONAL REIMBURSEMENTS, OR PROCARD PURCHASES ALLOWED. BASIC PURCHASING POLICIES AND PROCEDURES APPLY.
COMBINED PRICING INTIATIVE (CPI)
On July 1, 2010, new purchasing procedures were implemented by UNC General Administration for PC desktop and laptop computers. These new procedures are a required mandate of all of the UNC institutions. This new bulk IT purchasing program is called the Combined Pricing Initiative (CPI). The program was instituted to reduce expenses by taking advantage of the combined purchasing power of the 16 campuses and to meet new requirements of the North Carolina legislation. PLEASE READ the overview of the CPI program at http://www.ecu.edu/itcs/purchasing/cpi.cfm. Contact Greg Hargett at 328.9111 firstname.lastname@example.org questions you may have regarding the program.
CURRENT CPI VENDORS:DELL ● LENOVO● HEWLETTE PACKARD (HP)
- DELL Desktop/Laptop and LENOVO Desktop Computers are recommended as the CAMPUS STANDARD.
- ALL Non-Standard and HP Computer Purchases must be submitted through PORT using the COMPUTER REQUEST FORM with an attached quote detailing the configuration of the computer system
- Dell products are available through a punch-out catalog in PORT or contact the Vendor for Quote
- Contact Lenovo and HP Higher Education Sales Representatives to obtain a Quote
- Apple Products and Tablets are currently not included in the CPI program
CAMPUS PURCHASES SHOULD GO THROUGH DOWDY STUDENT STORE
Please contact Dowdy Student Store Computer Department at 252.328.4360 for info.
ADOBE PRODUCT PURCHASES
CONTACT COMPUTER INTELLIGENCE ASSOCIATION (CIA) TO PURCHASE ADOBE PRODUCTS.
Quote Requests: email@example.com
Order using your ProCard: call Toll free: 1-877-843-2421
CIA accepts both ProCard and Purchase Orders. If ordering through PORT using a Non- Catalog form, the Vendor is set up as Digital Info Serv LLC.
COMPUTER SOFTWARE, ACCESSORY AND PERIPHEREAL PURCHASES
BASIC PURCHASING PROCEDURES APPLY TO ALL SOFTWARE, ACCESSORY AND PERIPHERAL PURCHASES.PURCHASES UNDER $5,000 MAY BE MADE WITH A PROCARD (PROCARD POLICIES & PROCEDURES APPLY). RESEARCH SHOULD BE CONDUCTED TO SEE IF ANY OF THE ITEMS ARE ON CONTRACT PRIOR TO PURCHASING. SEE THE STATE IT LINK BELOW FOR MORE CONTRACT INFO.
Custom Software Products may require the acceptance of a license agreement prior to use. Software License Agreements (SLA)/User License Agreements (ULA) are Legal Binding Agreements and should be reviewed by Materials Management. Exception: Packaged Copyrighted Software (i.e. Microsoft and Adobe products).
Software that is delivered, set-up and maintained over the internet is considered hosted software. Vendors offering hosted software are required to go through an ITCS Security Review. Please contact ITCS with questions regarding the Security Review Process.
SOFTWARE AND PROFFESSIONAL SERVICES/MAINTENANCE/LICENSE AGREEMENTS
In order to ensure that the University is in compliance with the legal requirements of software vendors and service providers, the following process is required when seeking software and software related services.
- Identify need (What software/services are you purchasing)
- Request a quote, license agreement and/or the maintenance agreement from vendor, if applicable.
- Submit a requisition in PORT with the quote, applicable agreements and a justification for the purchase.
- Materials Management will review the justification, license agreement and maintenance agreement for the software/services.
- The request will be forwarded to ITCS for approval, if applicable.
- Once approved, a Purchase Order will be issued to the vendor.
THE OFFICE OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SERVICES HAS ESTABLISHED CONTRACTS FOR IT RELATED PRODUCTS
Go to http://www.its.state.nc.us/ITProcurement/TermContracts/TContracts.asp
MAIN IT CONTRACTS UTILIZED
- 204A – Microcomputers and Peripherals (CPI Procedures Apply)
- 204D – Printers and Peripherals
- 208H – Microsoft Select Agreement (Microsoft Products other than what is offered through ITCS)
IT CONTRACT VENDORS IN PORT:GOVCONNECTION ● CDWG ● DELL ● APPLE ● XEROX
NOTE: These contracts are mainly convenience contracts and are not mandatory; however, in some cases they offer better pricing with educational discounts along with free shipping and personal service. Contact the Higher Education Sales Representatives listed in the contract for product and pricing information.