Examples of Expenses
- State contract items purchased through State contract vendors
- Memberships and organization dues*
- Licenses such as nurses, doctors, etc.
- Subscriptions – To a business address / Annual Only / includes software subscriptions*
- Conference registrations (all ECU Travel policies apply)*
- Interlibrary Loans
- Postage and stamps
- Express shipping & freight
- Office and lab supplies and equipment (contract vendors)
- Software (prepackaged or approved by ITCS), accessories and peripherals
- Maintenance contract/agreement payments with initial contract approval by Materials Management on file and documented with statement
- Air, bus and train fares (Additional approval required. One checked bag allowed each way. No candidate tickets.)
- Promotional items with approval from funding source and logo review, as required. http://www.ecu.edu/cs-admin/mktg/logo_review.cfm
- Student group travel (Additional approval required)
*Required to be paid on ProCard (some exceptions apply - merchant does not accept VISA, foundation funds are being used to purchase the item, purchase amount is over the single transaction limit of the ProCard).
- NO purchases for personal use
- NO purchases over designated spending limits
- NO split ticket purchases to circumvent the single purchase limit
- NO animals
- NO weapons and ammunition
- NO purchases from pawn shops
- NO controlled substances (Drugs, Alcohol, Fireworks)
- NO payments to individuals, consultants or employees (Vendor must provide a FEIN number versus a SSN)
- NO purchases from University storerooms (must go through PORT)
- NO travel, such as lodging, food/meals, car rentals, gas, trip protection/insurance, seat charges/upgrades, early check-in, taxis, tours, additional functions, candidate travel, etc.
- NO food, such as meals, restaurants, caterers, fast food vendors, prepared food, etc. Approved food from grocery stores requires a legit business purpose, itemized receipt, flier/meeting announcement and list of attendees.
- NO beverages other than Coca-Cola products in small quantities. (Coke has the exclusive rights on campus.)
- NO entertainment
- NO Cash Advances
- NO Gifts / Contributions
- NO Gift Cards, Incentives or Prize Purchases without prior approval per the "Gift Cards, Incentives and Prize Purchases" procedure found at http://www.ecu.edu/purchasing/
- NO purchases from Foundation funds
- NO computers or laptops
- NO items requiring the signing or click-to-agree of a vendor agreement or terms and conditions in order to complete the purchase, except those vendors whose terms have been approved by Materials Management and/or ITCS, as required. Must be documented on the statement. (Ex. Customizable software)
- NO payments to ECU for classes or for Parking & Transportation. (Use an IDT)
- NO payments that involve making changes to facilities
Exceptions may apply.