Staff and Faculty Participation:
- Must be a permanent ECU employee, this includes military personnel assigned ROTC programs while under orders.
- Employee must be considered "in good standing" at the university, with no disciplinary actions pending.
- Must have completed ECU admissions requirements and be enrolled at East Carolina University before picking up books.
- Course(s) must be required for an ECU undergraduate or graduate degree program, or an ECU professional development course.
- Course(s) must be taken at East Carolina University.
If borrowing textbooks for a dependent child or spouse, the following criteria must be met in addition to those criteria listed above:
- If book(s) are for child, child must be listed as a dependent on the most recent federal income tax form filed.
- If book(s) are for spouse, the name of spouse must be shown on the most recent federal income tax form filed.
- Child must be considered "in good standing," and not on probation.
- Child's record must not be "tagged" for any reason.
- If book(s) are for a child, the child must be enrolled and pursuing a first-time undergraduate degree at East Carolina University.
- If book(s) are for a spouse, the spouse must be enrolled and pursuing a first-time undergraduate degree or master's degree at East Carolina University.
- ECU employee must agree that materials to be loaned will be recorded under the employee's name and will be the financial obligation of the employee if not returned in satisfactory condition by the deadline.