When taking classes on campus you can purchase textbooks online and have your books boxed and ready for pick-up during Fall semester move-in weekend! This is done through our convenient Online Ordering System
. This offers both convenience and time savings.
HOW ONLINE ORDERING WORKS
- Log in using your PirateID or Click "Find my Books" and look up each course by department, course number, and section/instructor.
- The textbook(s) will be displayed for the course.
- Decide if would like USED, NEW, or RENTAL textbooks
- Click the quantity to order and place them in an online shopping cart.
- You will see books in a "Rental Cart" or "Shopping Cart"
- When you are finished shopping, hit "Checkout" and complete the buying process for purchases, then click "Rental Order" or "Rental Cart" to complete your rental order.
Online orders for books PURCHASED will be charged to the student-provided credit card or bookstore account during tax-free weekend if ordered before August 4, 2013. They will be boxed, and held for pick-up during Move-In Weekend or shipped if that option is selected.
Online orders for RENTALS are handled separately and cannot be included in the same box as your regular textbook order for pick-up during Move-in Weekend. They can, however, be held for "in-store pick-up." For "in-store pick-up" orders placed after August 15, please allow at least 3 business days for processing.
By ordering books early, you have a greater advantage in securing less-costly USED textbooks since the supply is greater at that time.
Distance Education students can have their books shipped to a home address.
(Orders placed when online through the tax-free holiday in early August, will be charged( during the North Carolina Tax-Free Holiday Weekend, saving you from paying NC sales tax on the books. RENTAL books do not qualify for the tax-exempt status.)
To order your textbooks online, visit the Dowdy Student Store Online Textbook Ordering site.