Textbook Department Book Refund Information
ECU Dowdy Student Stores offers a book refund service each semester when specific requirements are met. Original receipts are required for any refund or exchange.
All Purchases and In-Store Rentals:
Fall Semester 2017 - Begins 8/21/17
TUES SEPT 5 - LAST DAY TO RETURN/EXCHANGE TEXTBOOKS
(IN-STORE RENTALS INCLUDED WITH ORIGINAL RECEIPT)
TUES OCT 3 - LAST DAY TO RETURN/EXCHANGE TEXTBOOKS FOR DROPPED CLASS ONLY (MUST SHOW PROOF OF DROPPED CLASS AND IN-STORE RENTALS MUST HAVE ORIGINAL RECEIPT)
WED SEPT 6 - TUES NOV 14 - 3 DAYS ON REFUND/EXCHANGE (IN-STORE RENTALS MUST HAVE ORIGINAL RECEIPT)
WED NOV 15 - SAT DEC 16 - NO REFUND/EXCHANGE PERIOD (RENTALS INCLUDED)
ANY ITEM TO BE REFUNDED OR EXCHANGED MUST BE IN ITS ORIGINAL CONDITION AS WHEN PURCHASED OR RENTED.
RECEIPT REQUIRED FOR ALL BOOK REFUNDS/EXCHANGES INCLUDING RENTALS!
ONLINE Rental books
- 21 Days from date order is placed, except during no refund period above.
- ***Any item to be refunded or exchanged must be in it's original condition as when purchased.***
Refund policies will vary for course materials ordered through Dowdy’s Compare web site. Please see the appropriate vendor website for return/refund details.
The condition of the book must be the same as when purchased. Price labels should be left on all books until it is determined that no refund or exchange will be needed. All materials included in packages, such as access codes, software, etc, must be returned as a complete set for a refund or exchange (This includes rental books).
Original receipts are required for any refund or exchange
In general, returns or exchanges can only be made during specified time periods, which are the following:
- First 10 class days of the Fall or Spring semester: (First 30 class days if class is dropped with drop slip provided)
- First 5 class days of a Summer session (First 10 class days if class is dropped with drop slip provided)
- Within 3 business days of purchase (Providing it does not fall within the no refund/exchange period)
No refund/exchange periods are between the time beginning 3 weeks prior to the first day of final exams through the last day of final exams.
In addition, no refunds or exchanges are given between the time beginning 10 days prior to and through the day of exams.