Graduate Business Association GBA@ecu.edu
Graduate academic life can be difficult, whether you have recently graduated or have been out of school and working several years. The Graduate Business Association (GBA), a student organization for the graduate business program, offers a chance to make this transition a smooth one. Our organization, comprised of both MBA and MSA students, is the largest graduate organization on campus. Our purpose is to provide an avenue for interaction among GBA members and the business community, to promote the graduate business program at ECU, to increase the value of this education through external resources, and to constantly improve the prestige of the program and of East Carolina University.
The GBA offers many benefits to students, including:
These are just a few of the things that the GBA provides to help you make the most of your time in the graduate business program. While the GBA does receive some operating funds from the Student Government Association, the majority of our funding is generated through membership dues. Dues for one semester are $15, and dues for an entire year are $25.
- Meetings featuring visiting business executives and recruiters as guest speakers
- Professional development seminars with the Office of Career Services
- Interaction with fellow students at monthly meetings
- Social events with other professional organizations including socials, football games, and intramurals
- Regular email updates regarding GBA news and other on-campus events