Before Students Can Register
In order to register for classes, students must schedule an appointment with the academic advisor to receive advising and a registration PIN. (*Note-registration pins change each semester so students must see advisor each semester!) Registration for the spring semester usually occurs after fall break; registration for the fall & summer semesters usually occurs after spring break. For best availability, students should plan to see academic advisor at least 2-3 weeks before break!
PREPARING FOR ADVISING APPOINTMENT
Before meeting with advisor, students should be prepared! This means students should do the following:
- Consult the undergraduate catalog online to find the list of required courses for the major (and minor)
- Update the check sheet (found on our website) with the list of classes completed. This will help determine remaining FC, major, and minor classes. Consult Foundations Curriculum requirements for assistance in selecting these courses.
- Students interested in a graduate/professional program (such as medicine, dentistry, pharmacy, etc.) should research particular schools of interest in to see what courses they require. Bring list of courses to advising meeting.
- Students who are considering changing majors should visit this link for assistance in exploring new majors.
- Write down the list of classes that student plans to take in the upcoming semester (include alternates in case those courses are closed) Use appointment worksheet as a guide.
- Write down any questions/issues you need to discuss & be prepared to discuss academic progress with advisor. Are you struggling in a course?
- Take any placement tests you may need.
- Look on the Registrar’s website for the “registration schedule” to see what time you can begin to register.
- Schedule your appointment with your advisor.
- Show up for your appointment ON TIME and PREPARED.
Registation PIN & Instructions
Each semester, students register for classes using Banner Self Service through OneStop. For step by step registration instructions, visit the Registrar’s website and look under “students” and “registration information”
When your registration time begins, use your 6 digit pin to register for classes. After registering, KEEP YOUR PIN because you may want to adjust your schedule later! It is your responsibility to keep your pin; we suggest you program it into your cell phone each semester for easy retrieval.
As you begin to register, you will likely have questions and may even encounter various problems. This is normal. Please refer to this page as it will likely answer your questions.
If you are interested in summer school, either at ECU or elsewhere, read the information listed on this page.
After You Register
- Pay your tuition before the deadline so your schedule is not cancelled. Consult the Academic Calendar for important dates each semester.
- At the end of each semester, make sure your next semester schedule is appropriate. This means