Anthropology Student Organization News
Welcome to the Anthropology Student Organization (ASO)!
Current Officers 2014-2015
President: Lisa Modigliani-Estraélla
Vice President: Jenna Raleigh
Secretary: Laura Redman
Treasurer: Tijuan Brown
Historian: Carolyn Walence
Meetings for Fall 2014 will be held bi-weekly. The first meeting will be informational/planning and the second meeting will be a social (movie, games, get together, etc.).
Notifications for meetings and events will be sent through ECU email and our Facebook page.
For 2014-2015, ASO will work on multiple projects including: Fundraising, Events, Lectures, Trips, and Barefoot on the Mall in the Spring.
Any Questions or Comments?
Contact us at: AnthropologyClub@ecu.edu
Join ASO on Facebook!
Anthropology Student Organization (East Carolina University)
Join ASO on Twitter!
Join the Department of Anthropology on Facebook!
Department of Anthropology East Carolina University
The Anthropology Student Organization will have its next informational members meeting tomorrow, October 23, at 6:00 PM in Flanagan 265.
We've got a lot of important things to discuss at this meeting including the following:
(1) the AAA conference in Washington DC for students who are interested in attending,
(2) our upcoming trip to the North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences and to the Duke Lemur Center,
(3) the second Ebola Awareness panel in partnership with Project Tumara,
(4) next week's HALLOWEEN PARTY on Thursday, October 30 from 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM, and
(5) future events/presentations from the Anthropology Department faculty, including "Everything You Want to Know About Applying for Graduate School" with Dr. Mathews.
Finally, tomorrow is the *absolute last* day we will be collecting $10 yearly dues. Although you do not have to pay dues in order to attend ASO meetings and social events, you must pay your dues in order to travel with the ASO. We will have the card reader with us tomorrow if it's easier for you to use credit/debit.
As you can see, we've got a very busy agenda tomorrow night and through the end of the semester. All of our hard work at the bake sale has paid off and there are a lot of fun things to do coming up in the future, so please join us tomorrow evening for another fantastic ASO gathering.
Can't wait to see you soon!
DECEMBER: Tentative Events
5-7: Students travel to American Anthropological Association Annual Conference in Washington D.C.