1. Complete CHEM 1150 & 1151 with a C or above.
2. Complete CHEM 1160 & 1161 with a C or above.
3. Fill out a Major Declaration Form & email to CHEMISTRY@ecu.edu, or drop in the box outside of office SZ-303 in the Science & Technology Building.
1. Log into Pirate Port and click on the Banner Self Service link.
2. Follow the links for Student Registration & enter your Registration PIN that your academic advisor gave you.
3. Check to make sure that you have completed all necessary prerequisites to register for the course. (You can find details about course prerequisites by searching for your courses in the ECU Course Catalog)
4. Select the open courses you would like to register for, and click "Submit".
Here are some ways to get into a class that you really need:
1. Log onto Banner to register AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. If your registration window opens at 8am on a certain date, try to register as close to that time as possible. That is when most classes are going to be open and available for registration. Registration Window Schedule
2. You usually have very long periods of time to get registered, so don't panic right away. Many Fall spots open up after grades are due for Summer semesters, and many Spring spots open up after grades are due for Fall. Try checking on Banner around the time grades are due for the previous semester, and you are more likely to find open seats.
3. If you are in need of a lab AND lecture course combination:If you see a space open in a lab, but the lecture is full - Please email CHEMISTRY@ecu.edu with your full name, Banner ID, and the CRNs of the courses you would like to get into. *Note: Some lectures may be filled to capacity, so you may not be able to get your first choice of lecture time/professor.*
If you see space open in a lecture, but not a lab - Keep checking in on Banner until there is an open space in both the lecture AND the lab. Lab spaces AND lecture room seats MUST be available for you to be registered.Only email CHEMISTRY@ecu.edu if you still cannot register during the week of the last day of Course Adjustment Period. (This date is listed on the ECU Academic Calendar) *Note: Once a lab is filled to capacity, no more students can be registered in that section.*
If you need the lecture ONLY, or the lab ONLY to do a grade replacement/repeat - Please submit a Registration Help Request to do a grade replacement/repeat.
2. MAKE SURE YOU CC (COPY) YOUR ACADEMIC ADVISOR ON YOUR EMAIL TO REGIS@ecu.edu
For more details regarding this procedure, please visit this link.
You MAY drop the lecture and keep the lab,
but you MAY NOT keep the lab and drop the lecture.
You MAY NOT drop the lecture and keep the lab or vice versa.
You MUST drop BOTH the lab AND lecture.