Welcome to
ECU Language Academy

Application Process

Applying to ECU Language Academy and ECU

If you wish to apply for conditional admission to East Carolina University, in addition to the ECU LA Application and the application fee, please submit the following:

  • Apply for International Undergraduate Admission
  • Apply for International Graduate Admission
  • Official Academic Records. For more information on the required documents, please click here.

Please mail the Application for International Undergraduate Admission and the official academic records to:

ECU Office of International Affairs
International House
Greenville, NC 27858-4353 USA

Students currently in the U.S.

If you are currently in the U.S. in an F-1 student visa status, we ask that you submit copies of all previous I-20s, I-94, visa and passport ID page. If admitted, you will also be required to submit a transfer form.

If you are in the U.S. in another non-immigrant visa status which allows you to study, please submit a copy of your I-94, visa and passport ID page.

Please note that U.S. immigration rules and regulations state that full-time studies using a B-1/2 (tourist visa) or an F-2 (dependent of F-1) visa are not allowed.

IN order to have an I-20 – Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant (F-1) Student status issued, international students are also required to submit the Confidential Financial Information Form together with documents showing that they have sufficient financial resource to fund their education in the US. For more information on the cost of attendance and the fee for the I-20, please review the Fees and Payment page.