Minutes of March 1, 2017
Present: Stevens, Wilson-Okamura, Smith, Wall, Bunnell, Wilmes, Russell, Herron, and Feder.
Absent: Huang, Romer, and Spaulding.
1.Recruitment Update: we have almost 10 majors (I think a two more will add soon to bring us to 9 or 10) and 7 minors right now. Which classes/ clubs/ societies can you visit this semester? WHEN ARE YOU TEACHING? If it is MW I will come to your class. I only need 10 minutes. We do pick up students this way.
2. Good News. Honors will be running GRBK 3001 spring 2018 as and HNRS/GRBK course. With any luck, we will have a partnership with honors going forward.
3. New Members. I will contact Tim Christensen and Laura Mazow about joining GRBK. I have a meeting set with John Collins. That will sufficiently diversify us for now.
4. Speakers. We have FOUR speakers coming the spring (see the GRBK webpage/ Mona and Dusty are bringing the other two wonderful speakers)! Please forward our flyers to your home departments and friends on campus. Help me get the word out!
5. Course update/rotation: Frank Romer is currently teaching 2000; Su-ching Huang has 2010 in Fall 2017, and I have 3001 (we are finally offering this!) Spring 2018. 2400 and 2500 are next up on the rotation.
6. Recruitment and Promotion. We have a table again at the April Open Day and two GRBK students have volunteered to help. We have a big, shiny new banner too, and enough flyers now for the day.
7. Annual reports. Input needed soon. I will need a summary of your research, GRBK teaching, etc.
8. Assessment. Stevens will use data from GRBK 4000 where possible.
9. New Business: David Wilson-Okamura will help host a GRBK recruitment table in front of Wright Place. WE NEED BOOKS TO GIVE AWAY TO STUDENTS. ABOUT 200 BOOKS STUDENTS WOULD ENJOY. PLEASE, PLEASE BRING YOUR BOOKS TO THE ENGLISH DEPARTMENT OFFICE IN BATE AND TELL THEM IT IS FOR ME AND GRBK.