ECCL Volunteer Opportunities
Many different volunteer opportunities are available with the East Carolina Conservation Laboratory and the Department of Anthropology
at ECU. ECCL and the Department of Anthropology welcome volunteers from all backgrounds although previous experience in a laboratory setting is helpful. Volunteer opportunities include duties such as artifact handling, artifact documentation, artifact organization as well as database management.
If you are interested in volunteering with ECCL and the Department of Anthropology, please contact Eva at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In addition to contacting Eva, student volunteers also need to register with the Volunteer and Service-Learning Center before they are able to begin working at ECCL. More information on registration with the VSLC in available here
. To register, complete the following steps:
1) Register on OrgSync
2) Click on the "Register" link in the top right corner.
3) Once you finish registering, close your browser and go back to the ECU VSLC website
4) Click on the "Register on OrgSync" link in Step 1.
5) Click on the green "Join Now" button on the left side of the screen.
6) You are now registered! To add your volunteer hours, click to the "Events" tab on the left side and select "Timesheets".
At ECU it is mandatory for any person working within a laboratory setting to complete the laboratory safety quiz. This quiz prepares a volunteer for working safely within a lab environment by informing them of possible dangers in the lab and precautions that can be taken to avoid those dangers. More information about the laboratory safety quiz is available here