- East Carolina Conservation Laboratory
Department of History
279 Flanagan Building, East Fifth Street
Greenville, North Carolina 27858
Phone: 252-328-4407 Fax: 252-328-6754
Email: Susanne Grieve,
Director of Conservation
ECCL Volunteer Opportunities
Many different volunteer opportunities are available with the East Carolina Conservation Laboratory and the Department of Anthropology at ECU. ECCL and the Department of Anthropology welcome volunteers from all backgrounds although previous experience in a laboratory setting is helpful. Volunteer opportunities include duties such as artifact handling, artifact documentation, artifact organization as well as database management.
If you are interested in volunteering with ECCL and the Department of Anthropology, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In addition to contacting us, student volunteers also need to register with the Volunteer and Service-Learning Center before they are able to begin working at ECCL. More information on registration with the VSLC in available here. To register, complete the following steps:
- Register on OrgSync for ECU VSLC website.
- Click on the "Register" link in the top right corner.
- Once you finish registering, close your browser and go back to the ECU VSLC website.
- Click on the "Register on OrgSync" link in Step 1.
- Click on the green "Join Now" button on the left side of the screen.
- You are now registered! To add your volunteer hours, click to the "Events" tab on the left side and select "Timesheets".
At ECU it is mandatory for any person working within a laboratory setting to complete the laboratory safety quiz. This quiz prepares a volunteer for working safely within a lab environment by informing them of possible dangers in the lab and precautions that can be taken to avoid those dangers. More information about the laboratory safety quiz is available here.