Step 4: Proposal Submission Websites
All grant proposals, contracts and other applications requiring institutional support (university, college, department, etc.) should be submitted via the procedures of the Office of Sponsored Programs (RAMSES). Downloadable copies of budget spreadsheets, application forms, information on fringe benefits and indirect cost rates and other material can be found on the OSP website. Faculty applying directly to corporations or foundations should coordinate their projects, first with their Chair and then with the Office of Corporate and Foundation Relations staff. PIs requiring institutional commitment for a project by means of a cost share or match contribution should notify the Associate Dean for Research (ADR), Dr. Cindy Putnam-Evans, of their proposal submission.
You’ve searched for an appropriate sponsor, you’ve followed the sponsor guidelines meticulously to develop your competitive proposal, and you have everything ready for submission. Now what?
- If you have not already done so, notify the College Grants Administrator (CGA) in the Office of Research that your proposal is ready to submit. At this time, request a pre-review of your OSP budget spreadsheets.
- If a paper submission, download the appropriate agency forms that you need to complete your proposal. Attach in RAMSES when complete.
- Electronic proposal routing via RAMSES is mandatory.
- Work with your department administrator to prepare your RAMSES submission.
- Ensure that your proposal is set up to route through all departments and colleges of senior personnel identified in the proposal.
- To receive department level approvals, at minimum, you must upload the internal budget spreadsheets, budget justification and draft proposal as attachments in RAMSES. The college will not review/authorize until the final documents are ready for submission.
- Important -- plan ahead to complete the internal review process adhering to the college’s Proposal Submission Guidelines.
- College Review: When the final application package/proposal is uploaded in RAMSES, notify the College Grants Administrator via email. You will be notified of any changes that are required. When review at the college is complete, the ADR will authorize and OSP will be notified.
- Final Review/Submission: Within 24 hours, the OSP representative will conduct their review and notify the CGA and/or PI of any required changes. When review is complete, OSP will submit electronically to the sponsor or provide the PI with signatures.
Proposal Submission Websites